We had a big conference call last night to talk more about the plans. Bob says we are confirmed on the cruise and should be getting our confirmation emails any day now. There was some confusion about him putting the deposit down on all three cabins, but he got it straightened out and we are set there.
Next is figuring out the airline tickets part. It sounds like we'll all meet up in Philadelphia and travel together to Venice on the same flight. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out how to connect and maybe travel part way back to the States too. Even if we don't sit together, it makes it so much easier to all arrive at the same time.
We're also exploring options for excursions before, during, and after the cruise. It sounds like we will plan to arrive the day before the cruise starts (October 7th) to ensure no lost baggage issues, and that will give us an extra day in Venice at the beginning. Then we will spend about 4 days in Rome and the vicinity after the cruise. Bob knows a tour guide who can show us all the good stuff, and will talk to him about how much we can do.
I'm going to have to get advice on what to pack for this trip. It's long for one, but I just don't really know what is appropriate to wear on the boat. I can deal with the shore-side stuff, but I don't want to be either over- or under-dressed. I'm sure my sisters will help me out.
There is so much to do, but we have time to get it all figured out. I will start making lists any second now...oh wait. I already have one started! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment