Tuesday, October 15, 2013
At Sea
It was nice to have a day at sea today. When we got up I went out on the veranda and
saw Tracy standing out on her veranda just watching the sea go by. We got ready for the day and had breakfast
then went down to the Silhouette Theatre to hear Captain Dimitrios give his
talk about Secrets of Navigation. It was
an interesting talk and we really enjoy the humor the Captain has. A very funny Greek.
This is where we were this morning... the red arrow with the circle.
The water trail behind the boat.
Our 'Greek' Captain
Then we stayed in the theater for the Star Chefs Cooking Competition. They needed volunteers and I jumped up and volunteered for…. I really didn’t know what I was volunteering for. They took myself and another gentleman behind the stage and put us in a chef apron and chef hat. We were going to cook! They brought us up on stage and just like Iron Chef we had ingredients to pick from to cook. There was a whole turkey, duck breast, shrimp, scallops, steak, calamari and on and on. We were suppose to pick enough for three judges to taste. I picked lots of good stuff and brought it back to my station. We each had a sous chef to help us. Then they told us that we were to trade places and I would cook what the other person picked and he could cook with what I picked. Well….. he took one duck breast, two scallops, two calamari, one lobster tail, some shrimp and three lamb chops! Seriously….. I had to cook for three people with that?!?
It was fun though. We
used the shrimp, cut up the lobster and made a nice sauce with it. We also pan seared the lamb chops. We had some par cooked vegetables that we sautéed
and plated it very nicely. The other man
won by two points, but it was fun and I got a bottle of champagne and a
medal. I think the rest of my family had
as much fun as I did.
What can I say.... it was fun!
Our attempt at a scrapbooking project.
Jim and I went to see the Officers vs. Guests water volley
ball tournament for a bit and then on to Memories@Sea scrapbooking thing. We made a cute little photo frame thing. It was fun.
Tonight was our second formal night and we had a lot of
fun. We took more pictures as couples and as a
group. We have so much fun together and
that is usually contagious and we end up having fun with the
photographers.
Tomorrow we are in Valletta, Malta. It’s been a nice day at sea today!
Great job on the cooking competition! Go Mom!!
ReplyDeleteIf there was ever something to volunteer for THAT was the thing for you, eh?! Master Chef, here you come? ;)
Tell everyone we say hi - and take a pic of your scrapbooking project for me.
Love
-K